Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday & Monday, May 10 & 13, 2013

Dear Class:

Start this week:

Complete this first section of page 4 as today's freewrite. Answer each question in a complete sentence. Delete the question once it is answered.

Personal/Educational/Career Interests and Goals & Post-High School Goals

What are my personal interests, strengths, skills, and talents?

What skills do I need to improve?

What are my personal goals? What are my educational goals?

What action will I take to reach my goals?

What help do I need to reach my goals?

What are my career interests and goals?

What career options will I explore?

What career paths will allow me to develop my skills and talents?

What are my post-high school goals?

What academic knowledge and skills, essential skills, and technical knowledge and skills would help prepare me for my post-high school goals?

What educational preparation (e.g. courses, programs, experiences) do I need now to prepare me for my post-high school goals?

Oregon Diploma Education Plan & Profile

Finished Last Class; PEP Step 1: My Education Plan Download & research on CIS. Start this week: Go to CIS, My Career Portfolio, My Plan, "Getting Started" tab, How do I get there, "Relating My Education to My Goals" worksheet and download. DO NOT FILL IN THIS WORKSHEET WHILE IT IS ON THE INTERNET OR EVERYTHING WILL BE WIPED OUT. DOWNLOAD, OPEN IN ADOBE ACROBAT PROFESSIONAL, SAVE IT, AND UPLOAD IT TO YOUR GOOGLE DOCS

PEP Step 2: Planning out the next two years- 30 minute activity. Go to the same page you downloaded the above "Relating My Education to My Goals" and then Fill in the 2. "My Course Planner" with what you have taken and then the classes you will be taking for Junior and Senior years using your school planner. Make sure you save it and you will be taking a snapshot of it and putting it into a google doc.

DDHS GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS 2013

This link will take you to the Oregon Diploma website. The document displayed explains the Department of Education's requirement that all Oregon high school students generate an education plan and profile.

Link to Educational plan and profile.

Task: Find the Education Plan Questions document Copy the first section of text as shown below, (which is also found on page 4) and paste it into your freewrite document. You will do the other sections as future freewrites.

What is cyber bullying? 1/2 class period What are ethical copyright practices. 1 class period Coming Up:

Friday, May 10 Final Project Introduction wrapped around the 7 Highly Effective Habits for Teens created and book written by Sean Covey.

No comments:

Post a Comment